Maplewood House and MSA Manor are long term care homes in Abbotsford operated by Maplewood Care Society, a non-profit organization dedicated to the pursuit of excellence in supporting individuals with chronic illness. There are 112 people who live in the two care homes. There is also a Day Program for Older Adults serving an average of 65 clients per week and support for caregivers.
We currently are seeking to fill casual positions of Laundry Worker II
A member of the laundry team upholding Maplewood Care Society’s Mission, Vision, and Values, and established policies and procedures, committing to professional and Care Home codes of ethics and functions within the regulations, standards, and guidelines governing residential care.
Under the direction and supervision of the Housekeeping and Laundry Supervisor, the Laundry Worker II performs assigned duties related to the processing, handling, and mending of linen and laundry as required for Maplewood Care Society. All related duties are performed in accordance with established policies and procedures. Maintains clean, safe, and orderly work sites.
Housekeeping and Laundry Supervisor
Duties and Functions:
- Perform hands-on cleaning, maintenance and servicing work that is consistent with the goals of the Department. This is accomplished by:
- Carrying out the following duties include but are not limited to:
- Keeps an accurate daily record of the weight of all clothing/laundry washed and other records as required.
- Ensures sufficient supplies of clean linens are available in the proper storage areas.
- Transports soiled linen/laundry from various areas to the main soiled laundry holding area or laundry room.
- Washes, dries, folds and transports linen/clothing according to procedures and machine requirements.
- Selects damaged clothing/linen to repair and completes required mending.
- Sorts, removes and records damaged linen from service.
- Labels linen/clothing as required.
- Maintains an adequate supply of washing chemicals and other relates supplies as required.
- Receives and records all new linen as required.
- Ability to use and maintain Laundry equipment, ensuring safe practice.
- Communicates equipment and supply needs and reports safety hazards.
- Cleans and maintains laundry area and laundry equipment.
- As a Team Member, takes an active role in the harmonious functioning of the department and the facility.
- Participates in the Quality Improvement program.
- Maintain laundry storage areas in good order.
- Attends pertinent meetings/in-services.
- Gains job-specific expertise through various sources (e.g. on-the-job training, trade publications, vendor publications and manuals, ) to become proficient in the identified primary field.
- Receives direction, guidance, and instruction from Housekeeping/Laundry Supervisor in the correct operation of equipment and materials used to complete required maintenance activities.
- Ensuring that policies and procedures of the department are consistently followed.
- Participating in in-house ongoing training and education, committees, and meetings, as required.
- Maintaining direct resident contact and involvement in resident care as part of the Multi-disciplinary Team.
- Performs any other duties as are necessary and/or
Education, Experience and Abilities:
- The scope and practice of the Laundry Worker II are governed by the policies and procedures of the facility and by relevant legislation.
- Qualifications and skills include but are not limited to:
- The ability to organize and prioritize is required to accomplish tasks on time.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to handle interaction with residents, families, staff, contractors, and vendors, both verbally and in writing.
- Certified in W.H.M.I.S
- Previous related experience, preferably at a residential care home or an acceptable equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions; and complete work assignments with a minimum of supervision.
- Ability to keep resident’s matters strictly confidential and exercise courtesy and cooperation towards residents, families, visitors, co-workers, and other staff members.
- Ability to satisfactorily maintain a high standard of service and cleanliness.
- Ability to meet the physical and mental demands of the job.
- Be a team member as part of the multidisciplinary approach to the overall care of the long-term care residents.