Maplewood Care Society Receives Accreditation
from Accreditation Canada
In 2018, Maplewood Seniors Care Society successfully achieved Primer Accreditation with Accreditation Canada. From November 6th to 9th, 2018, two Accreditation surveyors from peer organizations elsewhere in Canada came to objectively assess how the Society functions against sets of standards and best practices. They met with staff, families, residents and Board members to review how we are doing. Being part of an Accreditation Canada survey shows that we are working hard to meet high standards for delivering safe quality care. There is a strong focus on quality improvement and safety, not only for residents and clients but for our staff as well.
Maplewood Care Society’s next accreditation survey will be in 2023.
Thank you all to who were involved in the groundwork, the focus groups and individual interviews. Krista Homfeld, Director of Resident Services, served more than all as Accreditation Coordinator. We are truly proud of both the process of preparing for and the presentation of the Society for Accreditation.
What is Accreditation?
- Accreditation is a quality improvement process; it helps our organization identify what we’re doing well and where we need to focus our improvement efforts
- Accreditation is a journey—a continuous process; there is always room for improvement
- Our organization is committed to quality and safety in health care delivery
- The safety of patients and health care providers is of the utmost importance to our organization
- Quality improvement is in our DNA; it’s integrated into our everyday practices
- The focus of accreditation is on the processes used to deliver care, not on individual health care providers
- The whole organization is involved in accreditation, from staff, volunteers, and board members, to residents, clients and families
- Accreditation touches our entire organization, not simply a few programs within our organization
- Our organization complies with Required Organizational Practices, which address high-risk areas in health care
- We take part in ongoing self-assessments to identify where we should focus our improvement
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Krista Homfeld, Director of Resident Services at 604-870-7560 or at email@example.com.
You can also visit: www.accreditation.ca